Restraining Orders (family law and harassment)

Unfortunately situations can arise in life when you have no alternative but to apply to the court for an order directing another party to do or refrain from doing specific acts.

Most commonly this arises in the context of families, noisy neighbours/boundary disputes and someone harassing you or behaving in a threatening or violent manner towards you.

There are also injunctions in place that can prevent someone publishing material about you against your will.

We have an outstanding record for successfully obtaining non-molestation orders and injunction orders under the Protection from Harassment (Northern Ireland) Order 1997.

Non-molestation Orders/Occupation Orders:

A Non-molestation order is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you.

An Occupation Order controls who can live in the family home and can restrict your partner from entering the surrounding area.

You may be eligible to apply for a non-molestation order if you are or have been married to each other, you are or have been in a civil partnership with each other; you are co-habitants or former co-habitants; you live or have lived in the same household; you are relatives; or you have a child together.

Contact our Family Law Team today for further details on the application process and to arrange an appointment.

Injunctions under the Protection from Harassment (Northern Ireland) Order 1997

This Order applies when the person seeking protection does not have a domestic family relationship with the other party.

There must be two separate incidents of harassment and the other party does not have to physically hurt you.

Contact our Litigation Department today for further details and to arrange an appointment.

Injunctions against the Press

For further information and advice please contact one of our team:

028 90770770


LATEST NEWS HHD Successfully Defend Deportation Order
Mr M is a 37 year old Polish National who had been living and working in Northern Ireland since 2005.

Fake Claims Donít Pay: Sentencing Cash for Crash Frauds
Any view that organised insurance fraud, such as "crash for cash", is a victimless crime which carries low risk is a misconception.

Doctors in the Dock
Many in the medical profession are up in arms following a recent High Court case involving Dr Bawa-Garba (General Medical Council v Bawa-Garba [2018] EWHC 76 (Admin).



Contact us now

Please let us know if you would like us to give you a call to discuss any queries you may have.
Request a Call