Tripping Slipping Claims

If you have had a fall in a public place you may be able to pursue a personal injury compensation claim. If your accident happened on a public footpath, road or park, you may be able to bring a claim against the local authority if your accident was due to their negligence.

If you have slipped and fallen in some other public place, e.g. a restaurant, supermarket or leisure centre, you may be able to bring a claim against the owner or occupier of the premises under their public liability insurance policy.

To assist your claim if your fall was due to a defect in the public footpath or road then you should try to take photographs of the accident site as quickly as possible. You should also record details of any witnesses to your accident, as these may be useful at a later date.

When you advise us of your accident we will make enquiries to determine the identity of the body or individual who is responsible for the area where you fell and we start your claim with them. We will arrange to meet with any witnesses to take statements. And we will arrange for you to be medically examined to determine the extent of your injuries. We will advise you on your eligibility for legal aid if appropriate and assist you in completing the necessary forms.

For further information and advice please contact one of our team:

028 90770770

LATEST NEWS Doctors in the Dock
Many in the medical profession are up in arms following a recent High Court case involving Dr Bawa-Garba (General Medical Council v Bawa-Garba [2018] EWHC 76 (Admin).

HHD Solicitors seeking to recruit Solicitor to join litigation team
Higgins Hollywood Deazley Solicitors are seeking an addition to their busy and expanding firm and looking to recruit a talented Solicitor to join their litigation team.

Hyponatraemia Inquiry concludes deaths were avoidable and negligent
The Inquiry into Hyponatraemia-related deaths was set up by Angela Smith, Minister with responsibility for Health, Social Services and Public Safety under article 54 of the Health and Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972 after allegations that mistakes had been made by hospital staff administering intravenous fluids.



Contact us now

Please let us know if you would like us to give you a call to discuss any queries you may have.
Request a Call