- We will never spam you with irrelevant emails
- You may opt out or in of our email communications at any time
- You have the right to remove any information we may hold on you
- We will never sell, rent, make public or distribute your personal information
- Data is a liability and therefore should only be collected and processed when necessary
HHD Solicitors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
2. Relevant Privacy Legislation
We and this website complies to the following policies:
- UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
If you are unsure about our compliance in your country, please contact our Data Protection Officer as detailed in the next section.
3.Who We Are
Registered office: Linen House 507 Oldpark Road, Belfast, B14 6QU
Data Protection Officer: Nan Mallett, email@example.com
4.What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
4.1 Contact Forms
- Information that you provide by filling in a contact form on our site: www.hhdsolicitors.com (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by HHD Solicitors and when you report a problem with the Website.
4.2 Email Newsletter
- If you choose to join our mailing list, your email address will be stored on a third-party supplier. At any time, you can unsubscribe from our newsletters, either from within the newsletter or by contacting us via email.
4.3 Website Visitor Tracking
- We use a tool called Google Analytics. This collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- We use this information to better understand how visitors find us and how they interact with our website. We use this information to make improvements and adjustments to our website, to deliver a better user experience.
4.4 IP Address
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our Website.
- cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Website.
6.Where is your information stored?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or our Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Belfast). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
7.How will we use the information about you?
We have a responsibility to keep your information confidential and we take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data. We collect information about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
We do not disclose information that you may give, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to any outside companies. However, we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
Specifically, we use your information for:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our services
- Possibly contacting you with marketing material relevant to your enquiry. You may opt-out at any stage from within an email received or by contacting us directly
- A member of our team may contact you to respond to your enquiry
HHD Solicitors will not share your information with 3rd parties. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
8.Access to your information and correction
If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us under the Data Protection Act 1998
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To exercise any of these rights, please email us
We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.